Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a farmers wife!

I'm officially now a farmers wife!! I joined the quilt along a few weeks ago and picked up my book at Joanns but had to put it on hold to work on my daughters birthday party. I was also waiting for the fabrics I ordered to arrive and they came on Friday and Saturday!! THANKS, Amy for doing a little swappy-poo with me and pointing me to the right direction to pick up the other 30's Old New fabric by Lecien!!

For my first two blocks I chose were Spool and Country Farm. Spool was the first one I did and it was a great starter one. I also love star blocks so it fit well for my second block!!


{84} Spool ~ a simple but fun block!!

{23} Country Farm. A fun star block!!

Here is a stack of my 30's Old New fabrics that I'll be using for the quilt along. I'll add some basics in with it too and maybe some of the new Annie's Farm Stand. But this is what I'm basing them off of. :)



I can't wait to do a couple more next week!! I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy the rest of your week!! We are heading out of town to go camping for the 4th of July so I'll see you next week!!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, you MUST tell me where you found your fabric!

    And can I just add that I love your little clothes pegs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm the only blogger NOT doing this quilt-along! You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri,

    Those are absolutely LOVELY! And yes, I love the fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore your blocks, kerri. of course. xo amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very lovely. Great fabric chooices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors!!!! i love your blocks!!! Quilting is so much fun!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh so lovely. This is just the colour palette I'd like to use. :D Hmm, I best start soon. :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like yor wor, it is beautiful.I congratulate.
    thank for to share
    good bye
    Josefina
    tijerasycuchara.worpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!