Tuesday, May 10, 2011

vintage shabby geese!



Do you remember this post? Where I was inspired by all these lovely things I've been pinning on pinterest. I'm so excited as now I've got one thing to mark off my long list of things to make, the sweet vintage inspired flying geese quilt.

Here is the lovely quilt that inspired me, and just was soo itching to make...

but with these pretty colors...

and these...

and using fabrics with pretty flowers and polka dots.

It was a fun way how my inspiration came for this quilt, and really love the way the quilt turned out!!

For the binding I used the FABULOUS tutorial I also saw on pinterest!! I really wanted to try the tutorial before I did the binding on sweet Isabella's quilt.

It is such a fun little quilt and I made it to fit perfectly on our ottoman!! It adds that pretty spring touch to our living room!!


I hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!


19 comments:

  1. very cute...and LOVE that plate stand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it Kerri! I like how your quilt turned out differently than the inspiration quilt. It's your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Kerri, I really love the colours you have chosen, GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Kerri & I think I see some of my vintage sheets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your inspiration process. What a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your vintage shabby geese the colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh what gorgeous vintage shabby geese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous such pretty colors and use of fabrics. It is funny but lovely what inspires us ;-)) enjoy it, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I haven't tried flying geese yet but I think I have the perfect project in mind for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad Little Miss Shabby pointed me to your blog. It's a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Keri - Corrie sent me over here from her/your wonderful giveaway and besides becoming your follower I just want to say that I love your blog already! You love soft, bright colors like I do & you have such good ideas. And you must be a WONDERFUL person to coordinate all the Licien fabrics for the quilts going to Japan. Looking forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What happens when someone rests their feet on that ottoman? Will you snatch the little quilt up, or let it get a little authentic distressing? Lol. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh that's just super sweet! love it. that aqua is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANKS so much for your sweet comments! they always make my days brighter!! :)

    cindy, i know, i have thought of that, but it isn't really used as a foot stool. little hands to get on it, as they do use it to sit on sometimes, and i'm sure it will show some love over time, but that is o.k. with me!! after awhile i may want to change it out anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's so pretty! i love the aqua in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am totally addicted to pinterest - totally:) Love your quilt - so inspiring - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your beautiful work
    I congratulate
    bay
    Josefina
    tijeras y cuchara wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!