Monday, March 15, 2010

{ Urban } HOME Goods - a modern swap

Last week Heather and I decided to start a new swap group, "{ Urban } HOME Goods - a modern swap"! With round 2 of the Pillow Talk Swap waiting for all the pillows to arrive at everyone's doors, we thought it would be fun to keep the fun going. With this swap it embraces anything that is urban or modern for the home. The options are endless!! The ideas sprouting up from everyone gets me even more excited~ aprons, pillows, potholders, sewing machine covers, dish towels, oven mitts, placemats, covered lamp shades, book covers, wall hangings, totes, and many more!!

I made an inspiration mosaic for my partner!

1. crayonapron1, 2. Interactive project stage 9/10 finished, 3. Little Red at Home, Before the Wolf, 4. Pillow Swap - A little bird, 5. Little houses, 6. handmade ornaments, 7. my new kitchen towels, 8. I Love Patchwork Preview - Sewing Machine Cover, 9. patchwork placemat for the kiddos, 10. Pillow Swap Round 2 - Full View, 11. My First Patchwork, 12. Tomte cushion, 13. 'on the line' for ginny, 14. sewing machine cover front, 15. patchwork pocket apron - aquas and reds, 16. Little magnets

We'll be having official sign-ups soon! So if you'd like to join so you make it in for round 1, please feel free to ask to join! We do ask that new members have participated in a swap and have pictures in their photostream.

15 comments:

  1. Do we ask to join here or on flickr? I'm still quite a novice with flickr.

    Will you be defining urban / modern for the home? Or if we have to ask, does that mean, we shouldn't be in the swap?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to this swap and it's endless possibilities! great idea! love your selection-hinting to your partner for something red and aqua, I see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Des,

    You ask to join on flickr. If you follow the link at the top of the page, it should take you to where you ask. :)

    With uban / modern, we pretty much mean using modern fabrics. Using traditional patterns is always o.k. Hope that helps. We'd love to have you join!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait Kerri!! another f a b u l o u s playdate with our friends!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like so much fun! I'm excited:) Your inspiration pics are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to join!

    Here's my blog, with my flickr stream in the sidebar

    http://tigers4trace.blogspot.com

    cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I want the birds. :)
    - jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mosaic Kerri! This is going to be a fun swap for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo, I so want to do this one!! Please let me know when/where to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to join this swap. I'll check the Flickr account now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to join. When will details be posted?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had sew much fun with the Pillow Talk Swap and this sounds like an awesome idea! But, we have one graduating this spring and getting everything done and ready is hectic. I'll have to sit this one out, but you can bet I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sign-ups are going on till the 22nd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like so much fun! But I've never done a swap before, so maybe next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!